E-mail MeScott Splittgerber
Mr. Splittgerber previously was an associate at Clifford Chance's New York office, where he focused on securities litigation, white collar criminal defense and international law. At Clifford Chance he participated in several complex and multi-jurisdictional litigation matters, including the firm's successful representation of a leading global financial institution in the In re Parmalat Securities Litigation. In 2008, he received the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Gideon Champion of Justice Award, for his efforts as a member of the pro bono defense team that secured reversal of the wrongful conviction of Martin H. Tankleff. He also was appointed a Special Assistant District Attorney for purposes of the appeal of a homicide-related insurance fraud case.
Prior to Clifford Chance, Mr. Splittgerber served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Kings County District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York. As a Senior Appellate Attorney, he successfully briefed and argued numerous cases in the state and federal courts of New York, including the New York Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Splittgerber is licensed to practice in New York, Illinois, Wisconsin (currently inactive), the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Splittgerber graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School, where he served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal. He earned a B.A., with distinction, from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a M.S. in Management from New York University.
Areas of Practice
- Securities Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- International Law
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Law Journal: Wisconsin International Law Journal, Senior Managing Editor
- New York University
- Major: Management
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Honors: With Distinction
Honors and Awards
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Gideon Champion of Justice Award
Past Employment Positions
- Clifford Chance, Associate
- Office of the Kings County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney