E-mail MeMichael F. Bachner
Michael concentrates his practice on white collar criminal defense and securities litigation. Before entering private practice in 1988, Michael served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Rackets Bureau of the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and as an Associate Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for Prudential Securities.
Michael is an active trial lawyer who routinely tries cases in state and federal courts as well as arbitration. He has represented investors, broker-dealers and securities professionals in a wide variety of disputes.
He has lectured on securities regulation and insider trading and numerous business schools and law schools throughout the region. He has published articles on the topic of securities regulation, including one in the New York Law Journal that can be viewed here.
Michael is regularly quoted in the press concerning securities matters and frequently appears as a commentator on Court TV.
Michael is admitted to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the United States District Court for New Jersey.
Michael was a Deputy Bureau Chief in the Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor of the City of New York.
AV Preeminent Rating - Highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability.
Areas of Practice
- White Collar Crimes
- Defense Law
- Criminal Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Securities Law
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1982
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 1981
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Securities Industry Professionals
- Commentator, Court TV
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2012
- Martindale AV rated, 2008 - 2009
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Manhattan District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, Rackets Bureau
- Prudential Securities, Assistant General Counsel